Enhancing your natural beauty to feel your best
Facial rejuvenation with dermal fillers can deliver effective yet soft results, you can have 0.1ml, 0.2ml or even 0.3ml filler if that is all you need to get the results.
Dermal Fillers are a great way to restore youthful features, help to plump up skin or achieve a more luscious look. Each treatment is completely individual and the product and amount of filler will be suited to your needs.
Book in for a free consultation if you’re not sure if you need Botox or fillers to achieve the look you are after or address the areas of concerns you have
What will this do for me?
Dermal fillers have a wide range of applications and are a great alternative to cosmetic surgery.
Areas that can be treated
Each area can be treated indivudally or in combination.
Preparing for Fillers
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- For the peak of the results you will need to wait up to 2 weeks for the Hyaluronic Acid in the fillers to settle with your own natural hyaluronic acid.
- Results may not be visible immediately and there is a chance that the area may be swollen before you see the final results.
- Application with Dermal filler is via injection – and may have to be approached with caution in those with Trypanophobia. Most fillers contain anaesthetic which means the treatment gets more comfortable as it continues. If you have any allergies to Lidocaine, alternative fillers are available.
- A follow up appointment will be scheduled after 2 weeks.
- All products used are suitable for vegans and are cruelty free. Each tool used is single use and is disposed off after each treatment.
- The highest standards of hygiene are maintained and observed in the treatment room.
- The actual injecting time is no more than 30 mins per treatment, with the remaining appointment time being for preparation and aftercare discussion.
- Consent forms must be completed before any treatment is conducted.
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT?
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR DERMAL FILLERS:
You will not be suitable for the treatment if you have any of the below:
- 14 days before or after the COVID-19 vaccine / after COVID-19
- Botox within last 2 weeks
- Known hypersensitivity to Lidocaine
- Dermal Fillers in the area less than 3 months ago
- Infection or skin concern in the area of treatment
The treatment is not suitable for those under 18, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Immediately after treatment (until 3 days later)
avoid sleeping on your face
avoid excessive exercise, & activity for 24 hours
No touching the area for 24 hours
no caffeine for 3 days (Can cause bruising)
Avoid aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication for 3 days
No alcohol for 3 days
First 7 days after treatment
Keep hydrated - filler likes water
Expect swelling & bruising for up to 7 days
be patient - results can take up to 14 days to take full effect
avoid sun exposure for long hours
use ice to reduce any swelling
Massaging with arnica can help to reduce lumps
Avoid flying for at least 7 days after fillers
Post Filler Watch-Outs
things to observe and look out for
up to 3 days after treatment
extreme pain, tingling or numbness / loss of sensation in the filler area
change in skin colour in filler area - blanched / mottled appearance
lack of capillary refill - blanched area does not show blood retuning to area
It is always advisable to have a consultation before any treatment, even if you have had the treatment done elsewhere before.
This way I can ensure you understand the procedure, the expected results and discuss your medical history. You can also use this opportunity to ask any questions about the treatment.
It is not recommended to have more botulinum toxin in the same are any sooner than 3 months in the same area.
The follow up appointment after 2 weeks is to assess the efficacy (how well the filler has settled) and if any tweaks are required. Everyone is different and has different needs so in most cases any additional filler not required.
Dermal fillers are for adding or correcting volume whereas anti wrinkle injections work to reduce muscle movement. Dermal fillers can last longer than 6 months, but anti wrinkle injections can need refreshing after 3 months.
Dermal fillers are for adding or correcting volume. Some areas of concern are the frown lines between the eyebrows, the nose to mouth lines, the smokers lines appearing vertically above the lip, under eye area – also known as tear trough.
I mainly use products from the Teosyal, Restylane and Revolax range depending on the client need and the area to be treated.
I strive to provide the most natural look or the look you desire. Sometimes this means 0.25ml filler, sometimes 0.3ml filler and sometimes upto 0.5ml filler for lips or other areas on the face. The amount of filler used will depend on the look you are wanting to achieve and how much you need which will vary among individuals.
A good starting place for example is upto 0.5ml for lips.
If you’re unsure or want to discuss further, book with Farrah for a free 30 minute consultation to discuss the treatment options available.
Yes I work with Kanvas Cosmetics to work their Kingston location – and can take their bookings and add you to the Kanvas booking system – for availability for my clinics with Kanvas, use the below link and look for the Kingston (SkinFit) clinic location.