Anti Wrinkle Injections
BOTOX® is the brand name for a Botulinum Toxin treatment
A combination of factors lead to the formation of facial lines and wrinkles including hormone changes, sun damage, collagen loss and muscle activity. Repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, and other facial expressions can cause your skin to furrow and fold, gradually resulting in the formation of facial lines and wrinkles. Also, as we age some muscles can become stronger than others causing undesirable effects on the surface of your skin.
Anti Wrinkle Injections temporarily reduce the underlying muscle activity that causes these problems, to help restore your facial features and help your skin look visibly smoother.
The simple and quick procedure of anti wrinkle injections can reduce the appearance of moderate to severe lines in the forehead, between the brows, around the eyes, dimpled chin and much more within a short amount of time.
Consultations are mandatory to prescribe and obtain the product for treatment.
What will this do for me?
Consultations required ahead of any anti-wrinkle treatment.
Areas that can be treated
Each of the areas highlighted are can be treated and more!
Preparing for B'Tox
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- For the peak of the results you will need to wait up to 2 weeks.
- Results may not be visible immediately and there is no guarantee of a significant visible improvement.
- Application of Botulinum Toxin is via injection – and may have to be approached with caution in those with Trypanophobia. This injection is very superficial (in the higher layers of the skin and is not injected deep). No topical anaesthetic is used.
- A follow up appointment will be scheduled after 2 weeks.
- It is normal to experience heaviness in the brow area if receiving treatment to the forehead area – this will subside and pass.
- All products used are suitable for vegans and are cruelty free. Each tool used is single use and is disposed off after each treatment.
- The highest standards of hygiene are maintained and observed in the treatment room.
- The actual injecting time is no more than 15 mins, with the remaining appointment time being for preparation and aftercare discussion.
- A free 30 minute consultation is booked prior to any treatment being carried out.
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT?
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR ANti-WrInKLE Injections:
You will not be suitable for the treatment if you have any of the below:
- 14 days before or after the COVID-19 vaccine / after COVID-19
- Fillers within last 2 weeks
- Known hypersensitivity to Botulinum toxin or components
- Botox treatment less than 3 months ago
- Neuromuscular conditions or disorders
- Infection or skin concern in the area of treatment
- Egg Allergy
The treatment is not suitable for those under 18, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Immediately after treatment (until 3 days later)
Don't lie down or go to bed - at least 4 hours after
avoid excessive exercise, & activity for 24 hours
No poking the area,
Keep hydrated - drink plenty of water
Minor facial exercises can help aid quicker settling (after 4 hours)
Expect a mild headache, if having forehead treatment
no caffeine for 3 days (Can cause bruising)
Avoid aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication for 48 hours
No alcohol for 3 days
no make up on the area for 24 hours
use ice to reduce any swelling or if a risk of bruising after 30 mins
First 7 days after treatment
Avoid sunbeds and saunas for 7 days
Keep your skin clean & moisturised - USE SPF 30+
be patient - results can take up to 21 days to take full effect
That’s OK ! The administration dose of the product can be tailored to suit your end result – whether that is a totally frozen forehead is your preference, or if you want to maintain a more natural movement which is sometimes referred to as Baby Botox.
As Botox, and other Botulinum Toxin treatments, are a prescription only medication – the prescription for your treatment can only be created once a consultation has taken place and qualified you suitable to receive Botox – which can then be ordered.
It is not recommended to have more botulinum toxin in the same are any sooner than 3 months in the same area.
The follow up appointment after 2 weeks is to assess the efficacy (how well the botulinum toxin has worked) and if any tweaks are required. Everyone is different and has different needs so in most cases any additional B’tox is not required.
How often you will require the treatment depends on the severity of the lines of concern, and the strength of the muscles in the area. This can vary from regular treatments every 3-4 months, to treatments 1-2 times per year.
With continued treatment muscles in the affected area can weaken increasing the longevity of the treatment. However, there are some individuals who can develop a resistance to products over time.
Your lifestyle can also play a role in how quickly the treatment wears off. Sunbed users and physically fit individuals can sometimes metabolise the product quicker and therefore require more regular treatment.
Dermal fillers are for adding or correcting volume whereas anti wrinkle injections work to reduce muscle movement. Dermal fillers can last longer than 6 months, but anti wrinkle injections can need refreshing after 3 months.
Botulinum toxin A is the main ingredient in the licenced brands in the UK that is often referred to as Botox.
I use Botox, BoCouture & Azzalure depending on the client need and the area to be treated.
We can treat the Forehead lines, Crows Feet, Frown Lines, Smokers Lines, Lipstick Lines, Dimpled or pebbled Chin, Bunny Lines at the Nasalis to reduce the visible appearance of wrinkles or lines, can also treat other areas such Gummy smile, Masseter reduction – Jawline slimming – teeth grinding, Neck Lift (Platysmal bands), Lip Flip for fuller lips or a more pronounced pout, Brow Lift (Chemical brow lift), Downturned mouth treatment to lift the corners of the mouth.
There are 2 locations in Hampton TW12 where you can have your botox. At SkinFit Clinic on Percy Road, or at Farrah Brows Coombe Crescent.
It is easily accessible from Hampton Hill, Teddington, Twickenham Sunbury, Hanworth, Kingston, Esher, Hampton Court and surrounding areas for botox and dermal fillers and facial contouring.