skin boosting & moisturising from within
Skin boosters are a great solution for improving your skin’s condition and restoring natural radiance. Skinboosters are made up an injectable hyaluronic acid substance with additional nutrients, clinically proven to offer improvements to skin condition: gradually increasing elasticity, improving roughness and reducing the appearance of fine lines and other imperfections such as acne scars.
Skin Boosters such as Jalupro and Profhilo are not dermal fillers – they help the skin to support the structure from within.
A course of treatments is recommended, with a minimum of 2 treatments 2-4 weeks apart.
Skin Boosters are very versatile and can be used generally to improve the face, neck, décolletage and hands or target more specific areas such as Crows Feet, Smokers Lines, fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead,
How does it work?
What Can i expect?
Treatment plans vary depending on your area of concern and if this is a maintenance treatment or an initial treatment.
Before & After Results
Preparing for Skin Boosters
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- For best results, 2 treatments are required 2-4 weeks apart.
- Results may not be visible immediately and there is no guarantee of a significant visible improvement.
- Application of Skin Boosters is via injection – and may have to be approached with caution in those with Trypanophobia. This injection is very superficial (in the higher layers of the skin and is not injected deep). No topical anaesthetic is used.
- There may be swelling and redness following the procedure.
- All products used are suitable for vegans and are cruelty free. Each tool used is single use and is disposed off after each treatment.
- The highest standards of hygiene are maintained and observed in the treatment room.
- The actual injecting time is no more than 10 mins, with the remaining appointment time begin for consultation and aftercare discussion.2
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT?
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR Profhilo:
You will not be suitable for the treatment if you have any of the below:
- 14 days before or after the COVID-19 vaccine
- Botox/Fillers within last 2 weeks
- Undergoing Acne treatment
- Auto-immune Conditions
- Hepatitis, HIV / AIDS
- Problems with Skin Healing / Bleeding Disorders / Take Warfarin or Heparin
The treatment is not suitable for those under 18, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Skin Boosters Aftercare
Immediately after treatment (up to 12 hours)
AVOID MAKEUP FOR FIRST 12 HOURS
USE AN ICE PACK FOR 15 MINS TO REDUCE SWELLING IF REQUIRED
First 48 hours (2 days) after treatment
Keep hydrated - drink plenty of water
AVOID STRENUOUS EXERCISE, SWIMMING, SAUNA FOR 2 DAYS
Avoid aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication for 48 hours
Avoid massaging the area
First 7 days after treatment
Apply SPF 30+ to your face and neck
Avoid extreme temperatures of hot or cold - avoid saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or sun exposure)
Profhilo® is made from hyaluronic acid (HA).
With one of the highest concentrations of HA on the market (64mg / 2ml) Profhilo will not only boost and hydrate the skin, but also remodels the ageing and sagging tissue. So rather than just adding volume, Profhilo works to hydrate the skin for a fresher look.
Profhilo® is aimed at those patients who have visible signs of ageing skin. Therefore, it is most commonly used for those who are aged between 30 and 60. However, our younger patients also find that Profhilo® offers a preventative effect. Prior to any treatment taking place I would recommend that book a free consultation, so that we can discuss your general skin concerns, check your medical history and ensure that the treatment will be suitable and safe for you to have.
Profhilo® diffuses within the tissue for up to 4 weeks after each treatment. During this time, it works to stimulate collagen and elastin. You can expect to see initial results after 1-2 days, with fuller effects after 1-2 weeks. Best results are normally around 8 weeks after treatment, after collagen and elastin development.
Profhilo is a very safe treatment with low risk of side effects. You may experience temporary redness, pain, itching, dis-colouration or tenderness at the injection sites after treatment, but this tends to fade quite quickly. If you have any concerns after your treatment – please reach out to Farrah.
In some patients the improvement is not visible after one treatment, so for this reason the manufacturers of Profhilo suggest 2 treatments for maximum benefit.
You can follow up the treatment after 6 months if you want to keep up with the benefit.
Yes, these have complimentary benefits to your skin boosting.
Profhilo® delivers great results as a treatment on its own or in combination with other aesthetics treatments available.
Profhilo is injected into the face in 5 specific points on each side of the face. There are therefore a total of 10 injection points.
The treatment takes no longer than 30 minutes.